Managing a commercial team for an assigned region
- Manage performance and outcome of your individual team members (schedule individual meetings, provide motivational and developmental feedback, hold performance/appraisal conversations).
- Define, steer, achieve operational/commercial performance goals of the team.
- Be available and approachable to your team by creating an open and safe environment for them while also identifying and unlocking their potential.
- Facilitate each team member’s development by creating learning opportunities and giving them the freedom to experiment.
- Provide your team with direction and focus by setting reasonable and realistic expectations for them.
- Set and achieve relevant, ambitious targets for your business scope. Drive change positively.
Support Booking.com Strategy by managing your assigned market
- Ensure partner & customer satisfaction through meeting defined service levels and delivering high quality results.
- Identify and evaluate business opportunities (adoption of local needs) and implement them with the relevant team
- Define business strategy for assigned region aligned to Booking.com B.V. strategy to support team focus
- Represent Booking.com on fairs and other market-related events within your assigned region.
- Build & maintain effective relationships with your immediate and extended colleagues in order to deliver results.
- Stakeholder Management; liaison with stakeholders to support team/market/company strategy
- 2-4 years of experience in a comparable management function
- Fluent in English and Mandarin
- Affinity/experience within e-travel and/or hotel/travel industry;
- Enthusiastic, sense of responsibility, friendly and ability to work independently;
- Quick and resourceful, flexible, accurate, strong analytical skills and an eye for detail;
- Great face-to-face and telephone communication skills;
- Business focused with positive attitude
- Driver license and available to travel 50% of the time